This talk was filmed at a theological conference, hosted by Home for Good, together with St Mellitus and the Evangelical Alliance. Leading ethicists, theologians and biblical scholars addressed the lack of theological reﬂection on the nature of the Christians’ adoption into God’s family. Two theological perspectives were explored: a ‘vertical’ perspective on adoption into God’s family, and a ‘horizontal’ perspective of adoption, where the Church in general, and the Christian family in particular, are a welcoming community for vulnerable children.
You might also like
- Violence in Schools
- Children at Risk Around the World
- Children-at-risk as Co-agents of Mission: The church’s call to minister to, for, and with them
- What environment are we creating for our children? – Helps and hindrances
- Shalom – God’s heart for children
- Respond With Compassion (Helping children learn to serve)
- Introducing the Quito Call to Action on Children at Risk
- Who is the Child? 12 Key Biblical Insights
- 60 Key Evangelical Leaders Issue Call to Action on Behalf of Children
- An Historical Theology of Adoption
The Journal is updated every month. Use our New Issue E Mail Alert Sign Up to stay informed.